'Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue' are one of the UK’s premier, Big Band Blues sounds...
Hailing from Bristol UK and lead by Gretsch endorsed guitarist Ruzz Guitar... Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue brings together the multiple influences in Ruzz's musical journey and combines them into one project to create the sound that he's always heard in his head and wanted to capture live.
Bring together the Big Band Swing of The Brian Setzer Orchestra, blend it with the Texas Blues of Jimmie Vaughan and throw in a few other influences from artists such as B.B.King, Ray Charles, Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band and you'll get an idea of the sound that Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue put out!
Since the band started in 2014 they have been going from strength to strength.
- They have opened for, and shared the stage with, many well-known artists such as Andy Fairweather Low, Dr Feelgood, Innes Sibun (Robert Plant/The Innes Sibun Blues Explosion), Jon Amor (The Hoax), Pete Gage (Dr Feelgood), Kirk Fletcher (The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Joe Bonamassa/Solo), The BlockHeads (Ian Dury & The Blockheads), Bill Kirchen, Darrel Higham (Imelda May/Jeff Beck/Solo), Kid Ramos (James Harman/The Fabulous Thunderbirds) and Junior Watson.
- They have self-released four albums and released one with Rhythm Bomb Records, all of which have amassed multiple plays on multiple independent and internet radio stations around the globe including “Hank’s Americana Radio” and 90.1 FM KPFT “Howlin’ The Blues” broadcasting out of Houston Texas, BBC Radio Wales during Adam Walton’s “BBC Introducing” Show, BBC Radio Wiltshire during Sue Davies’ show broadcasting from the UK and Banks Radio Australia to name a few.
- The 2018 album release (“The Heist” – November 2018) features special guests Pete Gage (The Jet Harris Band/Dr Feelgood/Solo) & Tommy Harkenrider (from USA), received rave reviews and reached number 25 in the IBBA 2018 Top 50 album chart. 2020 saw the release of their “Live at the Louisiana” (February 2020) and “The Instrumental Sounds Of…” (December 2020) albums.
- They have played all over the UK and had very successful tours of Europe and the USA.
- Ruzz has also been honoured by being officially endorsed by Gretsch Guitars (September 2016). In March 2017, he was made the “Featured Guitarist” on the official website for Gretsch Guitars (www.gretsch.com)
- September 2017 saw Ruzz used as the front cover image for UK Rock’n’Roll Magazine with a three page feature on the band and 2020 saw the band receive a two page feature in the 'Blues In Britain' magazine.
- Ruzz won the 'Guitarist Of The Year' award and was nominated 'Artist Of The Year' (came runner up to Jimmie Vaughan) in The Blues Lounge Radio Show 2021 Awards.
"Ruzz Guitar is without doubt one mighty fine guitarist, with a range of styles, but clearly bound up in his love of playing the Blues"
- Pete Clack (Blues In Britain Magazine)
"That young man can pick! He tears it up like a pro and plays way beyond his years!!"
– Paul Pigat (Cousin Harley)
"Ruzz Guitar is a joy to see and keeps this beautiful roots music alive and well"
- Kirk Fletcher (The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Joe Bonamassa/Solo Band)
“Ruzz Guitar’s Blues Revue played a blinder at Night at the Abbey. They had the crowd swinging from start to finish”.
- Brad Lister (Head of Commercial Activity at Night at The Abbey Festival)
"Ruzz Guitars Blues Revue deliver an album that oozes quality from start to finish, the musicianship, songs and Horn arrangements are all outstanding, definitely not to be missed."
- Steve Hoare - The Blues Lounge Radio Show
"When I've seen Ruzz play live, what's great is that it’s obvious he has his influences, but he never just copies, he has his own style and you can guarantee it'll get your attention"
– Johnny Hop (UK Rock)
"The quickest, slickest and sickest set of Rock N Roll fingers in the West (and beyond)! A true master of his art without any ego and a pleasure to work with"
– James Maggs (Lindo Guitars)
"One of the best kept secrets on the local scene – rockabilly big band blues delivered with attitude and passion (and now sponsored by Gretsch, well done fella)"
– Jonathon Kardasz (Bristol 24/7http://www.bristol247.com/)